Our e-commerce offerings reach far and wide. We love developing custom solutions for our clients to meet every single one of their needs. The case study below describes our process in developing the perfect store for BluePearl. Click here to get access to the downloadable PDF version.
BluePearl operates over 120 emergency and specialty veterinary hospitals throughout the United States. They use innovative procedures, high-tech equipment and the latest treatment methods to provide comprehensive medical care to pets. They came to The Sourcing Group with the challenge to develop, launch, and manage a fully integrated online platform for their associates to order their company-sponsored uniforms as well as additional apparel and promo items. They needed to completely automate the user management process, including user creation, status changes, allowance management, and reporting. The overall solution needed to feature a wide selection of brands, styles, sizes, and colors while minimizing inventory exposure and it had to offer a combination of decorate-on-demand and in-stock items and have robust inventory management to eliminate backorders.
Strategy & Execution
Leveraging our enterprise-level technology, TSG crafted the BluePearl Online Uniform store, including:
• Integration with BluePearl’s Human Resources software to automatically manage user creation and each employee’s uniform allowance.
• Automated inventory feeds from our supplier partners to provide live inventory of decorate-on-demand items, thus eliminating backorders.
• Role-based product access, assuring each employee can only order the styles/colors/logos approved for their role/location.
• Instantaneous order transmission (via EDI) to supplier partners, expediting the pick-pack-ship process of goods to decorator.
• Direct order feed to production facilities to streamline decoration process and enable quick shipment of uniforms to each employee.
• Robust shopping cart functionality with one step check out - enabling employees to use their uniform allowance and purchase additional apparel and accessories using a credit card.
• Dedicated Customer Support team and process, including shipment notification emails and full-time customer support for order updates and questions.
• Sophisticated reporting suite with ability to customize reports to specific client needs.
The development and implementation went off without a hitch. BluePearl was able to roll this solution out to their entire system at once, providing a unified and decisive switch in process that minimized confusion and eliminated errors. As BluePearl continues to grow year-over-year, TSG’s scalable platform is able to gracefully onboard new hospitals and clinics, continuing to provide exceptional user experience and unsurpassed order production and accuracy.