The Sourcing Group is the sole agent for North America, licensed to supply lanyards and other Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Lanyard Program products.
The Hidden Disabilities Sunflower for people with hidden disabilities
Wearing the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower discreetly indicates to people around the wearer including staff, colleagues and health professionals that they need additional support, help or a little more time. Since its launch in 2016, it has now been adopted globally by major airports and venues and in the UK, by many supermarkets, railway and coach stations, leisure facilities, the NHS, a number of police, fire and ambulance services, and an increasing number of small and large businesses and organizations.
- Fact 1:
- It is estimated that one in ten people in the United States has a hidden disability.
- Fact 2:
- The Hidden Disability Sunflower started in the UK and is now recognized throughout the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Fact 3:
- It is already recognized in eight North American airports: JFK, Columbus (Ohio), Seattle, Miami, Newark, Orlando, Minneapolis, and Vancouver.
- Fact 4:
- Wearers intentionally look for locations that support the Sunflower program.
- Fact 5:
- It is easy and quick to implement!